Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Piece By Piece

Are we all incomplete, by design?
Employed by force
Expected to find
The matching pieces of the jigsaw puzzle
That add up and construct the “I”

A touch, a smile,
A tacit acknowledgment
An emotion deciphered without words
A sentence as complete as it is broken
A tear, half-welled from its inception
Shed by someone for a foreign pain

Each a small victory, each a small piece
Each peeling off
Layers to reveal a paragon

And so it happens one day
The picture is completed
With hands that helped
And chunks borrowed
From someone else

And whilst I know
That the lien will be up
And drifting winds
Will take the chunks away
To annul
Another imperfection

For a day,
I will be
Complete

P.S> Strange things have happened, and this would qualify as one of them. Thanks to suggested movie watching from Curbside Prophet, I watched the movie 'Before Sunrise' and was duly impressed and glad I saw it. Hours before that, I had written the above piece which fits in perfectly with the theme of the movie. For those who dream of the perfect day with the perfect person and live their imperfect lives in perfect anticipation of it, here's my tribute.

16 comments:

Pallavi said...

Loved the movie myself :)

Pallavi said...

Ahem and if you do not mind I am reccomending you to the blog day meme.. :) will be back to read your posts

Stone said...

Well, I believe, we are more "whole" when we lack something!

Anonymous said...

RSS service developed for Salesforce.com
A consulting start-up is RSS-enabling Salesforce.com's customer relationship management service, aggregating subscribers' data and helping users reduce information overload.
You bring up some amazing points about the necessity of consistency in blogging. My web site used to be a very successful blog until I tried to make it great. I brought in a grip of friends, tried using intellectual comedy, and as a result alienated most of our audience.

Ted
homeschool lesson plans

Humour and last laugh said...

nice poem.

Anonymous said...

US urges Guinea Bissau parties to accept election results
The United States urged all parties in the African state of Guinea Bissau to accept the results of the disputed July 24 presidential election won by former military ruler Joao Bernardo Vieira.
It's so cool to be here - programy

Anonymous said...

Web Extra
It's important for the fair distribution of funding. More proof that the illuminati are tracking my every breath! I like to mess with the numbers by saying I have thirteen people in my studio apartment.
Look at my site please - programy - there are many stuff about programy !!!

Anonymous said...

Hurricane Katrina: on the Internet: Blogs kept outside world informed as storm raged
Evacuees, relatives and newshounds could follow the blow-by-blow of Hurricane Katrina on the Internet, where intrepid bloggers kept the world informed of conditions as best they could.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a complete system site/blog. It pretty much covers complete system related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting!... your blog is on my my ‘ Favourite ‘ List!.
voip broadband phone service site covering voip broadband phone service related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Aug 30 2005
Blogging Katrina. If there's any doubt that blogging is here to stay, the ability of bloggers to lend their personal accounts of living through events such as Katrina put the doubt to rest.
Great looking blog you've got.

My site is on facial cleanser product stuff. I add new facial cleanser product articles all the time so have a look and see what you think.

Thanks

Akruti said...

Oh god,these spammers found blogs as their adv hoardings.Parth,can we read something written by you in Hindi as well?? Just curious:)
I loved the lines in the second para, "an emotion deciphered without words" Good work:)

sd said...

Hey vey nice. I should say I am spellbound.

ragini said...

Now u must watch Before sunset. And you will love it as well. :)

And what a beautiful poem !

RS said...

A very nice poem - abstract but evocative...just like the movie itself - it glides by without defining events or concluding that they should be together or break away...

OMG said...

Awesome piece of work. My writing professor would love to make you a poster boy for her class!

Jayesh said...

Excellent piece of writing. Crisply insightful.