Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Last Seduction

I can’t claim
That my left hand
Doesn’t know what my right hand
Is upto

I am not known to deceive myself
So easily
Instead, the two are working together
In a display of camaraderie

One holding your palm
And the other tracing those
Rivulets of fate running through them

My finger suddenly
Halts in its track
As I take my practiced cue
And look into your eyes
To tell you
“And this is where we met,
Never to part”

I wait for you to blush next
The reaction is known to me
I have met several before you
And never parted with them

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic!

Parth said...

@Anon: Thanks much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ said...

bitch ass! lovely anti-climax. loved loved loved it. fan.

Parth said...

@~~~: I didn't think any of my poems would be complemented with a 'bitch-ass' comment :) Thanks much.

Anubhav Mishra said...

Wow! just plain 'Wow!'

Parth said...

@Anubhav: Thanks much!

Ankit said...

I see that you have again become regular with your pen (or keys in this case.) Very nice!

Parth said...

@Ankit: Trying to keep a steady pace :)

Radha said...

A big thumbs up.....loved it! :)

Parth said...

@Radha: Thanks much!

Archya said...

Awesome. As always