Thursday, October 26, 2006

Same-pose-ium?





So, its not utterly accurate. But I saw the Umrao Jaan photo (latter) and somehow it reminded me of the Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam poster (former). Photos courtesy the two sites who have their names spread all over them. Thought I should blog the useless noting of coincidence. More useful would be a blog that has all my favorite Aishwarya Rai posters. At least she can't giggle incessantly in photographs :-)

The music for the movie is out and the movie is a week away from release. I like the music. Its not bad, but Anu Malik has let himself down. Most compositions are inspired by songs I have heard before and Alka is not Asha. Anu Malik had a great chance to outdo his work in Refugee, but he has missed the bus. Yet, it remains one of the better music scores of a year filled with dissapointing music overall.

7 comments:

None said...

@parth: Sad that you think the music is not too great. I loved it actually. I think Anu Mallik, if he's being original, has outdone himself...:)

Anonymous said...

sameposeium, adnauseum.

sd said...

There was a time I had every pic/wallpaper of Ash on my desktop.... I guess I have moved on in Life:)

Anonymous said...

@sd: about time, don't you think?! ;)

Parth said...

@Aabeirah: I think the music is good but not great. I like it enough to have it playing in my car already. My point is that you this would have been a great chance for him to exceed himself. Songs are definitely inspired. For eg. Behka diya hamein has an opening to Seene mein jalan and Ab ke janam is very similar to the title song of Main Hoon Na.

@SD: I can identify what you are saying. She did look very stunning in some pictures. Now she looks only stunning :-)

@Anoc: What to do? Too much presence in front of the camera can't help, can it?

Mirubh said...

it is very obvious from the sound track that both Anu Malik and Alka yagnik were daunted by the herculian task of trying to create something better than the original umaao jaan score. It is that sense of trying too much that was evident and what seemed to kill what could have been a good soundtrack....

Twisted DNA said...

Aishwarya Rai became quite boring quickly. The reason is, she doesn't have much range in anything. She doesn't even have much range in striking poses (as you exemplified above). She has this one expression plastered on her face all the time. And she can't act :) I think unless a person shows depth in something, they become boring. May be I am in the minority with such opinion on Aish.